Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Good Day!

I have so many good reasons to be excited about today.

The sun shining brightly is definitely one of them. Although Manitoba has some very cold winter days, the sun has a very uplifting effect for me and helps to cancel out some of the effects of the cold.

I was a very proud Canadian last night watching Virtue and Moir make history!!! What an amazingly intense skate both artistically and athletically. They captured my imagination and my emotions so completely that I was in tears at the effect during their skate and cheering much louder than a mother with sleeping children should have when their marks were posted!!! What an amazing and beautiful performance.

I am also very excited about meeting for Bible study again tomorrow night. Like many of you I missed our time together this past week. The session 4 video will be played through the TV/DVD combo as well as the large screen - the same way we viewed them before Christmas. Something about this DVD isn't letting us play it on the DVD that is set up in the fireside room. I appreciate your patience on that matter.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that we are hosting the Beth Moore Simulcast entitled, "So Long Insecurity" on April 24th! Dave has been talking with NKMB and McIvor MB. We are excited to be able to move in this direction. Please mark the day on your calendar - invite friends and family and co-workers and neighbours. I have really been enjoying working through the book as well and am looking forward to the Word God will speak through her at that event. More details will come out shortly but I wanted to give you a heads up so you can mark the date and prepare to be there.

I hope that your day if filled with some joy. Nothing fights the blues like being glad in the goodness of God.

Psalm 32:11
Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous,
and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment