Monday, September 5, 2011

Advice Needed

Everyone is our house is keenly aware of the countdown that is happening. We officially have one more day at home on summer schedule.

Our eldest is officially entering the world of Junior High - a new venture for our family! She and I were laying in bed tonight talking about what my role might be on her first day of school and laughed that just like every other year she would be fine and composed when the time came and I, against every bit of advice that I'm sure you'd give me, would be bawling in the background.

So, what is your advice for a first time Mother of a junior higher? I'd love to hear it!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Nicole - I will give you the same advice I used for my kindergarteners ... my junior highers.... my high schoolers... my adult kids right up to the present. I put my arms around them and prayed before hugging/kissing them and sending them off. This is something we still do together. I had the privilege of doing this with my son today when he stopped by the house build. My kids seemed to love being sent off with prayer, and often would yell "mom are you coming? the bus is almost here!" One other thing I did was get involved in a mom's group that our main focus was to pray for our kids, our teachers, our school board and our bus drivers. We saw God answer some amazing prayers in our division! HOWEVER ... I have seen you with your kids and I don't think you need any advice - because you are a very wise and godly mom!! Still .... it is hard to send them off! I remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy. What a beautiful picture of a home staying connected and centred around prayer. I pray for that kind of continued relationship.

    ReplyDelete