Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Alexander!

Today is Alexander's eighth birthday!
We all just love him to pieces!!! We love his big smile, his quick laugh, his undying energy, his sense of humor.
He is a lot of fun.

Some favorite memories of this past year with him:

When we were traveling home from somewhere and this rank smell emerged in the van and one of his sisters said, it smells like someone farted hot dogs to which Alexander responded matter-of-factly, "well Dad farted and I just had a hot dog."

The other day while trying to get Halloween costumes ready, I mentioned that it might just be easier and cheaper to buy a costume for him. Alexander came up to me and looked into my eyes and said, "mom, don't spend too much on that because you still have to buy my sports equipment."

After he got glasses late in spring we had this staring thing going on as a family. Alexander didn't like the ogling, he never has. We were just trying to get used to each other again. At his piano lesson that evening I noticed his long gazes at me and I took his face in my hands and got quite emotional. Choking back the tears while cradling his face I asked, "What are you seeing differently? What are you seeing for the first time?" To which he replied,
"your face is so square!"

I love that he asks me so many hockey questions even though I'm still quite clueless in the hockey realm.

His spelling lists include all the names of hockey players! For fun he likes to write the names out on my back and I get to guess which NHL hockey player he just spelled out! (He's good at giving lots of hints!)

He still gives lots of hugs and kisses but not on the lips cause that's just gross!

Telling homemade bedtime stories at night.

Watching him dance. Watching him play sports.

Hearing him play and sing all his piano songs in different voices. My favorite right now is "Leftover Popcorn."

I love listening to him be a sports commentator as he plays mini sticks.

I love him!!

May God give you an amazing year being 8. May He continue the work He has already started in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment