Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

At the very first snowfall, the very talented Kristin Pauls took our pictures for our annual Christmas card.

We wanted to send a Christmas greeting to you with the pictures.

The older I get the more I want for the seasons to be meaningful and full: times of growing and celebrating, faith building. In a phrase, I long for continual salvation. You know the kind of saved that keeps happening as you search and surrender your life to God. Where one area achieves victory in your life while another still lags behind. Kind of like being able to say no to carbonated beverages but not being able to let go of the chips!

Pre-Advent marked one of those salvations for me, on a faith level. It ushered in such a level of peace that it made me want it in all areas of my life. As we anticipate the celebration of the birth of Christ, I wondered what I would see peering into the manger. I can't help but think of all the time that goes into this story. There is a lot of waiting. A lot of journeying. Nothing happened instantly. The Saviour's birth was celebrated even though they didn't know exactly what that would look like for them as individuals or as a nation. God knew our long history of rebellion, but loved us so that He finished His plan, sent His Son to save us. His Son obeyed and fulfilled His mission.

I am thankful for this salvation, both daily and eternally. I look at the baby and see the story of salvation takes times. It takes obedience. It takes a willingness to receive. This passage from Isaiah has been a beautiful part of my Christmas ponderings:

Isaiah 30:18
Therefore the LORD is waiting to show you mercy, and is rising up to show you compassion, for the LORD is a just God. All who wait patiently for Him are happy.

We pray that you would know this mercy in a new way during this season.

From our family to yours, we want to wish you a very Merry Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures. Love that Kristin Pauls!
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh- thanks Nicole for the post. Your family is an amazing- and I was blessed to hang out with you guys for the afternoon.
    [k]

    ReplyDelete