Monday, December 14, 2009

A Humble Spirit

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well. I have been thinking of you often this season.

I have really been enjoying the simplicity of this Fall and Advent season in our house. This is the first time that I can remember having such a season of rest. It has been a great learning experience of organizing priorities and focusing on moments and relationships. I have been uncomfortable with parts of it at times but am determined that I don't want to miss out on what God has for me during this time of my life.

I had a big "A-Ha" moment yesterday in church. When Dave was talking about Mary I was shocked by the could-have-been-shame involved in her act of obedience. I freshly felt her sacrifice. But was awestruck by her humility! If she hadn't longed for the Messiah, if she hadn't been open to His way of working in her life, if she didn't have hope for the future then her predicament would have been shameful and unbearable to her. The only way God could perform such an amazing work in her is if she was a servant-follower of God.

That she was.

It says in Luke 1:30 that she found favor with God! In Luke 1:38 her amazing response;

"I am the Lord's servant, may it be to me as you have said."

These words really encouraged me to take this time for what it is. To learn the lessons that God is setting before me. I don't want to miss what God has for me by looking and wishing in the wrong places. I want to be a willing servant for the call God has on my life.

In thinking about all of this I wanted to share a video of the Magnificat that Dave created and prepared for a Christmas Eve service in Brandon a few years ago. Just click on the underlined link below to view it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFP-tODmiq4

No comments:

Post a Comment