Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating Quite A Few Years!

After a full weekend of celebration we gather around the lunch table, hearts full. Some of the offerings we share are verses memorized from the past year.




They culminate and preach a message of their own.







I had prepared my own offering that was bubbling over from the weekend birthday celebrations. But as they shared theirs, mine made even more sense.

I think I had a smile a mile wide all weekend. Even though I enter into this new decade with a sense of reverential fear; meaning I believe that the God of yesterday is the God of today and tomorrow, and He will carry me through whatever comes, I was just plain excited to celebrate.

This weekend, full of love and celebration, was a gracious reminder of what is most important; to love God deeply. To love Him more than self, more than riches, and to express that love in genuine affection for others.

I am overwhelmed with love for family and friends.










I have had my fill of Italian entrees and amazing cake (Thanks Megan!) Mmm, mm, mmm!



It's time to shout praises!

Sure, there are more gray hairs, I wake up more often with sleep lines on my face, and notice more wrinkles...but today I celebrate for all the years of God with us and trust Him for the ones ahead!

Cue Travis Cottrell's, Just As I Am...

No comments:

Post a Comment