Monday, November 30, 2009

I am thinking of you as we are in advent season. Hoping that you have time to reflect on God's incredible love for you.

Our family was able to attend the Steve Bell concert Sat. night. When my kids were asked what they like about Steve Bell, my son says Steve Bell is an awesome guitar player. My daughter says she loves his stories. I agree with both comments. I throughly enjoy the combination of story and song. Near the end of his concert Steve was talking about advent and gave a few great thoughts to chew on before he sang the beautiful Magnificat.

One thought he shared is that we as Christians embody Christ. We deliver, we reflect, we act the love of Christ through who we are. Do we realize that? Do we fully reflect that in our family life, in our church life, in our neighbor life, in our work life?

The other question he threw out to the audience was,
"What is my capacity because of who Christ is?"
What a great question! I don't want to go into a situation forgetting I have the power of the resurrected Christ in me! Maybe a situation or life path does look completely undo-able but have I brought Christ into the situation or am I once again trying to figure it out on my own first! We are made in the image of Christ. It is only through Him that we can find fulfillment. Are we allowing Him to complete us. This reminds me of:

Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment