Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hello Ladies,

It has been awhile since I've posted anything. We are having a such a good time with family! I will write more later.

I wanted to send a quick note as you are studying in God's Word, to keep at it! It can become habit to try to work out and fix our problems by figuring out our own plans our own ways. However, our methods seem to perpetuate the very problem we are trying to get rid of. As I was working through such a situation this morning (situations don't take holidays!)I was directed to Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

In Day 5, of homework we read;

"Have you ever found His word to be misleading? Has He ever tried to harm you with His Word? Certainly not!
"God's Word is always for the purpose of bringing good...Profit outweighs importance of pain or pleasure."

God loves each one of you so much and desires to meet you in your greatest need.

1 comment:

  1. Hello ladies and again what a blessing it is to know and study God with you.

    I want to encourage you all that God is indeed for us and with us. I began the first day of my Bible Study yesterday, yes I know a little late but none the less I was able to commit the night to Him.

    I know that last lesson I was reminded that God wants His church to start acting like they believe Him in and through all things and all times.

    I remember reciting the 5 statement pledge of Faith with you as I was prompted to by the Holy Spirit from our last study with Beth a couple of years ago on "I'm Believing God."

    The 5th statement which so seals what Nicole says is actually "God's Word is alive and active in me" and then we conclude the pledge of faith by saying together "I'm believing God."

    As I began the study and opened the first page I was stunned at the title and kept laughing and laughing and laughing. My husband was asking what is up with me and what has got me so tickled. I told him how cool God is and how he speaks to us and reaffirms what we say.

    I shared with Him how God had me recite the 5 pledge statement of Faith about Believing God at the end of our Bible Study last week and how the first day of our lesson this week is called Keep Believin.

    He joked with me and said you peeked, you looked ahead. I stand before you all and confess I did not peek, I did not look ahead but God was already preparing us last week for what was to come this week. Thanks be to God.

    So today I stand before you and I confess the following pledge of faith once again with the fifth statement in place and secure thanks to Nicole.

    1. I Believe God is who He says He is.

    2. I believe God can do what He says He can do.

    3. I am who God says I am.

    4. I can do all things through Christ.

    5. God's word is alive and active in me.

    I'm believing God.

    Keep on beleiving girls even if you cannot see Him or understand Him or know what He is up to it is all for our good. For faith is what we hope for and not what we see........... Hebrews 11:1

    ReplyDelete