Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break!

I realize I shouldn't be as excited for spring break as I am after coming off of a two week holiday. It sure is nice to be home with the kids though.

This morning I was able to have a date with Alexander as the girls were occupied with the SHINE drama. When I asked Alexander what he wanted to do together he quickly laid out an itinerary. Most importantly, and first on the list was to show his Mom how to play Mario Brothers!! That is NO simple task. I die very easily on video games. Dave is quite perplexed at how bad I am after having spent so many years of complex hand eye coordination at the piano.
This isn't Alexander's first time trying to help me with video type games. He did write this note for me. I keep it on the fridge for quick reference!

We had a lot of fun playing and given that he is WAY more advanced than I am, he was very patient with me. At one point he asked if I wanted him to piggyback me in the video game so that I wouldn't die again in that tough spot. How sweet is that!!! He thought so too because he said "I am a good son!"

After the gaming was done we went and rode on the kids scooters. Very thankful I didn't break one.


I took the dog along too. I guess I was trying to compensate for my weak showing in the video game by multi tasking on the ride! I was just praying that I wouldn't have an accident story to tell after we were through as the dog and I had different agenda's for what our ride together would look like!

We were able to pack a few other fun things in our time together as well. It was a good day. One of those days where when it was time to pick Dave up from work, I realized that supper was still an idea in my head. I had spent a large portion of time in the afternoon helping the kids set up their play mobile.

I am so thankful to God for my family. For time together with them. God has used our kids in a powerful way to change me into being a more devoted disciple of His.

No comments:

Post a Comment