Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Daily Need!

I know how badly I need to stay in the Word of God, daily;my daily victories depend on the freedom of living and abiding in God's Word (John 8). My thoughts, my words, my attitudes, my actions all go incredibly wrong, incredibly fast without the saving reminders and life lessons of God through His Word and through His Holy Spirit.

I'm not asking this question to cause feelings of guilt because heaven knows that we produce enough of that on our own.

I hope simply to encourage you.

I need encouragement and I love to have people to keep me accountable in my relationship with God. So, in case you are looking for some resources to direct your studying in the Word of God these days I thought I would direct you to a few sights that could inspire. If any of you have other links or book ideas pass them along. If they have spoken to you then they will likely be an encouragement to others too.

There are of course a lot of studies in book format by all sorts of authors who love God. The girls and I are on week two of the Proverbs study I mentioned to you a bit back. It is challenging and a complete joy to go through an in depth study with your daughters. The questions are deep and personal and they see and know whether my walk and talk line up. I pray that I am real before them and passionate in growing in my love for God.

Here are a couple of online links to check out - free!!

My Utmost for His Highest

The Soul at Rest

Daily Light on a Daily Path

I also want to make you aware of the audio link at Eastview's site. I have really been enjoying the Joseph sermon series (a little biased I suppose!) You can listen to the first two weeks here.

http://www.eastview.org/media

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these thoughts today. I so agree with you about needing to stay in the Word. I will check out the links for new resources. Hope you are enjoying the freedom from schedules that is summer! I'm sure hoping soon the rain will end and we will see more than one day of sunshine at a time:o)!!

    ReplyDelete