Sunday, January 16, 2011

Things I Love

There were so many things this afternoon that gave me opportunity to smile. I already felt full to the brim with good friends visiting overnight for the weekend and with the opportunity for our family to serve with excitement in church this morning in various capacities. I feel like my cup is overflowing. Here are a number of reasons:

1. I love that when I tuck my son into bed he will undoubtedly ask if I can cuddle with him.

2. I love that Alexander has saved his special homemade pillow from "Aunt Jutti" for me to rest my head on during our cuddle time.

3. I love that Alexander asks me all sorts of NHL hockey questions that I know nothing about; Do you know my favourite hockey player? (I basically only know one player's name!) Do you remember the game between Calgary and Philadelphia when...?

4. I love that when scrolling through the pictures on my camera I found the girls had taken wedding photos of their playmobil people. They had farm weddings with hay instead of flower petals, vet weddings with animals...I think we have a lot to look forward to:)

5. I love that our kids will dance the second we turn music on.

6. I love baking with Megan and her creative and adventurous experiments with taste.

7. I love that our dog Max likes me a lot.

8. I love that the girls have fallen in love with the "Sound of Music" soundtrack since watching the movie together in Lethbridge.

9. I love being cozy in our house, with a book and an afghan, with no where to go and the snow gently falling.

10. I love Lauren's full out laugh.

11. I love the free tea sample outside our door from Tetley today. The Calm tea, chamomile mint, really lived up to its name.

12. I love playing games with my kids.

13. I love that Dave cuts up fruit for breakfast and for snacks. He even peels the oranges.

14. I love the way our kids understand humour.

15. I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment