Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy V Day Mom!

First thing this morning the kids ran up to me, hugged me with their sweet little arms while verbally exploding with excited variations of, "Happy Valentines Day! Happy V Day Mom!"
(Perhaps that is the new cool way to say it?)

As quickly as they acknowledged me with hugs and greetings, they stopped and did an about-face saying, "I haven't made a card for you yet!"

Knowing the importance of this gesture from my own growing up years said, "There's lots of time if you want to do that yet this morning."

Off they went.

I finished my quiet time and hurried off myself to make the morning a bit more special than usual.

They are such a gift to me.

When everyone was donned with pink and red and sitting together around the island eating breakfast and putting together our lunches - this is what made me so happy.


1 comment: