Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unearthing the Murky

This past week I have been saturated with messages about being thankful. These messages have permeated my mind through printed word, radio, computer, and spoken word. The force of the repetitions were plentiful and diverse and very convincing. It felt like they were meant to wash away a bit of the murkiness I had been experiencing regarding the rhythm of my days. It has been refreshing. A miracle of the soul. Answered prayer.

It has been a Psalm 119:105 gift.

"Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

I have a stirring memory from my college days of working through a passage of technical difficulty with my wonderful piano instructor. She would encourage the hours of intense and deliberate practise. She would beautifully demonstrate what it could sound like, describe how I should wrestle with the keys and coordinate both body and mind to submit to the beauties and intricacies of the music. Her confident statement following this masterful teaching was unforgettable and exactly what a struggling musician needed to hear. "Keep going through the motions, keep rehearsing these techniques and practising your musical imagination and someday it will fly. Your music will soar!" She said it with flair and conviction.

She was right.
Practise.
Perseverance.
Hope.
Taking flight.

Ephesians 1:17-19a
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and His incomparably great power for us who believe.


Thank you God, for your extravagant love.

No comments:

Post a Comment