Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Reflections

Sin hadn't entered your being for thirty three years and then in a number of long, agonizing hours you willingly drank in the sin chosen by the created - all of it.

The magnitude of the sins You carried is hard to grasp. The weight and horror, the fear of losing holy communion with God, your Father, who abides deeply in every word and every action and every thought; I can not comprehend. The bits I do, crush me.

You know the weight of each sin. The agony it causes. On the Cross, You bore each one from the very beginning of time to the very end. Mine are among and still you gaze at me compassionately from the Cross through your swollen and injured frame.

I want you to come down. To show everyone who you are and who they are.

By remaining you display the deepest of love, the upside down nature of your Kingdom. As you hang on the Cross alone and brutalized, you still determine to love, and purpose to eternity. Never have I seen such control. You determine to fulfill scripture. In Your suffering You remember the details of loving. You remember your Mother who birthed you into this world and your beloved disciple who didn't flee the cross. With eager forgiveness You embrace a criminal into eternity. You determine to love by remaining obediently silent.

As I ponder these acts of love and mourn my part, my posture bows. I am starting to understand the reverent fear of the Lord.

For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. Col 1:19-20

1 comment:

  1. It is an amazing act of love. Before I was a Christian and understood the purpose of the cross I could not understand why Jesus Christ who is God, did not come down from the cross to prove His divinity. Now as a believer for many years I am so humbled and awed by the love that held Him there. Our blessed Redeemer! Thanks for these thoughts today Nicole.

    ReplyDelete