Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter - Tuesday Reflections

The Word of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Many a Lent have I been among the throngs of people hurrying to prepare for the celebration. Like my evangelical roots, I have embraced the resurrection - the happy, the powerful.

Journeying towards the Cross is hard.
It is dark.
It is lonely.
It is painful; physically and emotionally.
Mysterious.
It exposes my sins.

Truth is, even though I am scared, I want to face the ugliness. It is my only salvation. My hope for living this life well. The Cross is the only act powerful enough to save me from myself.

...and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Cor 10:5b

As a result, He doesn't not live the rest of His earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. 1 Peter 4:2

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved. Eph 2:4-5

The Cross exposes the great love of God. And as I search scripture I see that word again, determined.


God the Father has His eye on each of you and is determined by the work of the Spirit to keep you obedient through the sacrifice of Jesus. May everything good from God be yours. 1 Peter 1:2 MSG (Emphasis mine.)

And I am reminded of my way, the life empty way.

...apart from Me you can do nothing. John 15:5b

For you know it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 1 Peter 1:18-19

What can I say? What can I do? But offer this heart oh God, completely to You.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us or sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment