Monday, October 19, 2009

I was enjoying the work it part of the lesson so much today that I was moved to write a pray it before I moved on through the rest of the study. Hmm, this is reminding me of dessert appetizer!

My Psalm 127

Through our day to day endeavors I am constantly working at building our family. What kinds of resources am I using to grow my children? How am I protecting them? Am I guiding well their choices of cultural and media intake? Is God the God of these choices. Am I being overprotective? Are they being given the chance to know appropriate and character building consequences? Am I building opportunity for them to know and love God in a lasting way?

What drives my work? Why do I stay up later than I should? What drives me to get up early? or sleep in? Is God the God of every hour? How am I observing Sabbath?

Children are our reward. Rest is lovingly created and sanctioned.

How do I reconcile building and working long hours with loving and enjoying my family? Is God the God of this reconciliatory process?

1 comment:

  1. I was impacted by something Bev said on her video last week that her husband had done for her. She said he had kept her honest all these years....

    Wow, in order to move on or move up we have to be honest with ourselves and others. WE have to be able to take a deep look within and dare to ask the question, God what needs to change in me so I can be more like you?

    I don't know about you but I want someone to say about me, Laurie, you are the real thing. You are who you say you are. Just like Bev's husband said, baby, you're the real thing....

    Better yet, for God to say, well done, Laurie, well done.

    Lately times have been really hard for me personally, spiritually and relationally. I am going through a real time of self-examination and restructuring of who I am and who God wants me to be. It has not been easy to see what needs to change. There have been many tears this week, many cries out to God of why and He did give me one scripture to explain and encourage me. I understand it may not be from the Psalms but it is through my searching for Him that it came and I share it all with you to encourage you to never stop seeking Him or asking of Him even when you can't see the light at the end of the road.

    "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
    (Luke 22:31-32)

    I hear my own name echoed in this Scripture and I feel like God saying to me, when I am done, when I turn back, strenghten your sisters....

    As I shared with you the song before, I am still impacted by those words and the desire to know HOLY.

    WHAT DO I KNOW OF HOLY.....It is in my search for Holy that I have found Him, found Him in all my tears, all the anguish and all the questions that never seem to have answers.

    His response to my question What do I know of Holy has been this...............

    "BE HOLY, BECAUSE I AM HOLY."
    (1 Peter 1:16)

    In order to be Holy, to know Holy, we need to stop talking and start listening. I am reminded of the words of that song again.

    "I made you promises a thousand times.

    I try to hear from heaven but I talk the whole time.

    I think I made you too small. I never feared you at all. If you touch my face, would I know You. Looked into my eyes could I behold You?"

    To hear the song, go here. www.stereotruth.net
    and click on Addison Road, What do I know of Holy.

    In my profile I have also included a link for Blue Letter Bible which has helped me find the verse that God spoke into my heart.

    I encourage you all to seek Holy and to never ever stop seeking for Him for when we seek Him He promises we will find Him.

    ReplyDelete