Thursday, October 29, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine!

Well ladies,
I knew it would happen sooner or later
and was surprised that it took so long to happen.

It happened Wednesday night on the way to Bible Study. I was driving North on Henderson Highway soon to turn onto Devries. Just before the turn I started complaining about my most recent frustration to God. I was quite upset. It was then I focused (has that ever happened to you? You wonder exactly how it was that you got somewhere?) and talk about well timed humor, I looked up and saw that I was passing by the church....from the perimeter.
It took me a moment to realize what I had done...and then I laughed sooo hard.

My frustration. Well, the good laugh made me rethink how I was handling the situation. The anger did actually subside and determination to work this thing out set in. I know this isn't an easy thing for me to work through because forgiveness is involved but laughter definitely was the best medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ladies, I have been meaning to write about this for some time and now finally have a moment. Two weeks ago in our review film, Beth said something that really struck me. "You will never have anything more infectious than joy."

    In light of the fear in the public and the media that has been escalating with regards to the H1N1 pandemic, what if we were more consumed with becoming infected with joy than some virus.

    I don't know about you but if we profess Jesus as Lord as we did last Sunday, then He is Lord - plain and simple. He is Lord over this H1N1 even when the lifes of innocent children and babes are taken. Even when pregnant women succumb to the virus with babes in their wombs. He is Lord.

    What if as a group of Christian women we were more consumed with infecting others with joy and the peace we have found in Christ Jesus? What if we feared the LORD instead of fearing a virus, how different the world would look and how different the world would look at us.

    This has changed my mindset in how I pray and how I choose to live my life. I will not give in to fear, my own or those raised around me. For I will trust in the Lord at all times. The Lord He will protect your life. The Lord will protect your comings and goings both now and forever more amen.

    I am patiently waiting to be infected with the joy of the Lord and that can only come from spending time with Him in solitude, in worship and in prayer.

    How bout you, what are you waiting to be infected with?

    ReplyDelete