Thursday, October 8, 2009

Songs for our Journey

The other day as I was walking the dog I realized that the song I was listening to on my IPOD was moving me so much that...I was singing out loud! I always get a kick out of watching my young kids being swept away by a song with their earphones on. Music has the power to move us!

The song was devotion sung by Jon Buller. (We listened to it last night during the opening of the evening.) Beth mentioned in the video that composers can often sing what we have been trying to say. I believe that about this song. As I am working on laying aside my pride and asking God to be my EVERYTHING, this song captures my imagination, engages my mind and resonates with my spirit. It causes me to bow in reverence.

Devotion
You are Boundless Mercy, You are Endless Grace,
You are Sweet Forgiveness, Ceaseless Faithfulness,
Washing over me.

You are Sovereign Father, You are Healing King,
You are Saviour, Righteous Offering,
Poured out for me.

I surrender to You,
Lord I'm yielding all I am to You,
You have captivated me,
And I come to give my devotion.

What praise and worship song tops your chart these days and causes you to sharpen your focus on the decisions of God? Please be sure to include the name of the song and the artist or composer.

2 comments:

  1. While we were listening to Beth on Wednesday night, I was reminded of a wonderful book I had read. The book entitled "Ninety Minutes in Heaven" is written by Don Piper. In the book he describes his experiences while he was clinically dead for 90 minutes. He says he does not have adequate words to describe the music he heard in heaven. It seemed that hundreds of songs were being sung at the same time, but everything was in perfect harmony. Can't you just picture that? He was very sad he needed to return to earth as heaven was such an incredible place. This book has made heaven seem much more real to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh ladies, I was driving to work on Friday after a week of struggles; the end was near or so I thought. Boom on comes this song from CHVN and captivates my heart, so moves my spirt I have been playing it over and over again this morning. I was weeping in front of the computer hands raised as I sang this song over and over again,

    What do we truly know of HOLY?

    The song by Addison Road is called What do I know of Holy and is her written response to Isaiah 6.

    The words that struck me deep within and humbled me were these....................

    "I guess I thought that I had figured You out
    I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about
    How You were mighty to save
    Those were only empty words on a page
    Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be
    The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees............:

    (CHORUS)
    What do I know of You
    Who spoke me into motion?

    What do I know of Holy?
    What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame?


    My thoughts, what do we really know of Holy? What do I know of Holy? Just the thought of this alone can bring you to your knees in tears.

    I know one thing- I want a glimpse of Holy and that is my heart's desire to know and love Him more.

    What is your heart's desire?

    ReplyDelete