Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hello Ladies,

This is our last Wednesday check-in before our study starts! I hope it has been a good season of studying alone with God. These are important times for learning to hear God and for making Him intentional in our lives.

Personally, I have been very thankful for this Wednesday check-in time as it has made me more purposeful about what and how I have studied and how I have looked to apply it. This kept me focused on completing the book of Zechariah even though at times I found it very difficult to understand the historical connections and symbolism.

Also I want to mention that Eastview has a number of study options available right now. Check out this link for more ways to stay rooted in God's word.

I have some final thoughts on the book of Zechariah. I am amazed at the relevancy of the words spoken to the prophet so many years ago. As I mentioned earlier, the pictures and the messages given are not in the language or even symbolism that I am used to but with the help of other Bible versions and commentary I have a renewed understanding for the sovereignty of God. I am in awe of God's desire to keep covenant relationship with us even though we continue to seek other gods for no apparent reason other than the fact that we seem to want that title! We seem to think that we know better even though the results continue to show us otherwise.

Thankfully the ways of God are not stopped because of our sin or shortcomings. That is clear in Zechariah. He promises His Spirit to help accomplish all things Zech 4:6-7; He promises to overcome enemies in Zech 10:11 (CEV) saying "My people will go through an ocean of troubles but I will overcome the waves."; He promises that He will take His rightful place as King in Zech. 14:10. He will no longer be confused with any other god.

I have been reminded of the importance of Remembering the work, the love and the Sovereignty of God in our lives. I pray that we will remember God through His word given to us, through the love He has shown in our lives and also the excess love He has shown by the future hope we have in His eternal reign. That our remembering will cause us to act in that remembrance and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment