Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pink Boas and Big hair...I'm off to Houston!

Hi Ladies,

It was so good to be with many of you ladies last night at the Bible study. If you are reading this and haven't signed up there is still time to register! Notice the exclamation mark and italics!!!

I wanted to let you know that one of the works that God has started in me is coming to a point of celebration this weekend. Last February a group of my very best friends shared with each other what our goals for the year were. I shared that I was working on adding the discipline of scripture memory for the year. I was aiming to memorize 1-2 scriptures a month.

After I had been memorizing for a couple of months I came across a scripture memory accountability team on line through Beth Moore - LPM Blog. This was great for me as I was doing it alone and this was added motivation to keep at it regularly and with intention. After we moved to Winnipeg they announced that they were going to end the year of scripture memory by celebrating with an event in Houston, TX. A few weeks after reading about the celebration I mentioned to Dave that it would be kind of neat to attend. Too bad it was so far away! A couple of days later Dave told me that he would like to send me, as a gift. It took me a little while to feel comfortable about the idea of actually going alone but in the end I accepted his generous gift.

I am very excited for this opportunity. We are required to say 10 of the 24 verses as entrance fee for the event. I have been reciting them a lot lately. I will try to take many pictures and let you know what all happens. I am also practicing having big hair but have decided that I won't wear the pink boas that some fellow scripture memorizers are wearing as ways of identification! I know if some of you were with me I might be braver...

Oh, I just heard that the high is 74 F!!

No comments:

Post a Comment