Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What did you learn today?

Last night at the supper Dave went around to everyone at the table asking what they had learned during the day. It seems we learned quite a bit as a family; from how to say hi in India, to how heavy a moose is, to the fact that Samuel De Champlain died on Christmas Day!

I was excited to have had opportunity to dive into our Living Beyond Yourself study. No, there is no homework due for this week! I am going away for the weekend and do not want any excuse for getting behind!

On day one of the study we are learning about the history of Galatia we read about Paul and Barnabas. In Acts 13:47 we see with our own eyes and read with our mouths that God spoke to Paul through scripture!! I think in my mind Paul's amazing and fantastical conversion opened the door to assume that God spoke to him in fantastical ways, possibly more audible than spoken word. But in reading this passage I am believing that because Paul grew up on these words and studied these words before his conversion and with new passion after his conversion and therefore they were in his mind and out his mouth. God impressed them on his heart the way he impresses words on our hearts. I was so excited to read and know and share this with my family. Excited because it spurred on my faith. God can and will speak to us so that He can work through us. He has given us the Holy Spirit so we can remain true to the faith!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited about our Bible Study tonight. This morning I have reviewed the Introduction Section of the Workbook.

    I asked God what exactly He wanted to say to me as I feel I am in need of much encouragement and reassurance of His presence so I began to read and prepare my heart for what He wants to say.

    As I read the Intro I was struck by these words of Beth....."Always remember that John 14 tells us that God gives us the Holy Spirit to be in us - Christ in us, the hope of glory."

    "God wants to speak to you through this study. God is still working in you. He has timed this message for your needs and concerns- even though you may be studying this years after I wrote it! He knows you intimately. Lay your life before Him and let Him speak."

    So my directive began to begin this study by reading John 14 to see what the Lord would say to me. He spoke immediately to me with the first words off the page. I know that He can and will speak to each and every one of us if we seek for Him and listen.

    "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me." John 14:1

    God knew I was troubled in my soul and the first words He speaks to me is do not be troubled. Believe in ME.

    Be encouraged ladies, God is with us, through the good, the bad and the ugly and He will carry us when we do not have the strength to go it on our own. We must simply B E L I E V E !

    ReplyDelete